COVID-19: Ukraine ranks first in Europe by mortality in past day / Photo from UNIAN
Ukraine has ranked first in Europe by mortality from COVID-19 over the past day.
This is evidenced by the data from the Worldometers service.
Read alsoUkraine signs deal with Pfizer for supply of 10 mln vaccine dosesAccording to the data, Ukraine has also ranked first in Europe by number of new cases.
At the same time, as of the morning of April 7, Ukraine ranked second worldwide by mortality from the coronavirus over the past day.
COVID-19 in Ukraine: Latest developments
- Ukraine said 15,415 new active COVID-19 cases were confirmed across the country in the past 24 hours as of April 7, 2021.
- The total number of confirmed cases grew to 1,784,579 as of April 7.
- As many as 1,373,851 patients, including 11,472 in the past day, have recovered.
- The death toll has hit 35,498 with 481 fatalities recorded in the past 24 hours.
- The government reported 375,230 active cases as of April 7.