Chernivtsi region has been removed from the red zone of COVID-19 epidemic risks.
This was reported by Minister of the Cabinet of Ministers Oleh Nemchinov on Telegram after a special meeting of the State Commission on Industry-Related and Environmental Safety and Emergency Situations.
"The Commission has decided to cancel [regulations related to] the red level of the epidemic threats over the spread of COVID-19 in Chernivtsi region from 00:00 local time on April 22 and impose restrictive anti-epidemic measures applicable to the yellow level of epidemic threats," Nemchinov said on April 21.
Prior to that, the red zone included the city of Kyiv and 12 regions: Zhytomyr region, Zaporizhia region, Kyiv region, Lviv region, Mykolaiv region, Odesa region, Sumy region, Poltava region, Kharkiv region, Khmelnytsky region, Chernihiv region, and Chernivtsi region.
Kherson region, Zakarpattia, and Ivano-Frankivsk regions were part of the yellow one, while the remaining nine regions belonged to the orange zone.
Other related news reports
- Third COVID-19 wave subsiding in Ukraine – Health ministry
- Some Ukrainian regions about to leave 'red zone' – PM Shmyhal
- Health minister predicts new surge in COVID-19 cases in 3-4 weeks
- Ukraine passes peak of third COVID-19 wave, health minister says
- No nationwide lockdown scheduled for May holidays – Chief Medical Officer